What is the best way to boost testosterone naturally? Before we answer that question, you should know what some of the ways you can try if you want to boost your testosterone levels naturally. Continue to read on to find out how to raise your testosterone levels, and then find out which way is the best.
- Train with Weights- It’s a well-known fact that strength training can boost testosterone levels, and this is why you should hit the gym and train with weights. The best way to train is to use heavy weights but do lower reps (6-8) per set of exercises you do. Also, it’s a good idea to not train in fast way, so if you train with weights, train slowly and go as heavy as you can go, but never sacrifice proper form for weight. The last thing you want to do is to injure yourself on an exercise.
- Lose Weight- Many overweight people may be able to increase their testosterone levels naturally by losing weight. Losing weight may be difficult for some people, but the key is to take things slowly and participate in a workout program that is designed for weight loss, and as you lose weight and you start to feel more fit, then you can take your workouts to the next level by doing more cardio. If you’re overweight, then focus on losing weight first, and then focus on building muscle, and if you do this, you may raise your body’s testosterone levels.
- Stop Stressing Out- There are so many negative side effects of stress, and one of those side effects is the release of cortisol. This is a hormone, and if you are stressing out often, then this hormone becomes released in the body and this can prevent you from experiencing the effects of testosterone. If you want to raise testosterone levels naturally, then you need to stop stressing out. What’s even worse is if you are under chronic stress, then the effects testosterone has on the body may be blocked for a very long time, so it’s best to de-stress and do things that relax you.
The good news is there are many things you can do to reduce stress levels, such as doing yoga or Pilates on a daily basis. Meditating is one of the best ways to reduce stress levels, and you can meditate for just 15-20 minutes per day, as this may be enough to help you experience some of its benefits. Other things you can do include taking warm baths, exercising, going for long walks and just doing things you enjoy. The key is to try to stress less, as this could end up increasing your testosterone levels.
- Consume Good Fats- Consuming bad fats is one of the worst things you can do, especially if you are trying to increase testosterone and when you’re trying to get into shape. However, good fats can help you boost your T-levels, and there are many foods that contain healthy fats, and these foods include various types of fishes and nuts. Try to consume foods such as raw nuts, grass-fed meats and avocados.
Also, it’s worth pointing out that if you watch what you eat and stop consuming junk food and train with weights and you lose weight, then you could end up raising testosterone levels. Don’t forget to eat healthy fats too. If you eat healthy and exercise daily, you will eventually feel the benefits it has to offer.
- Get More Sleep- Nowadays, many people find it difficult to get a proper amount of sleep, and if you are one of those people, then you’re not doing yourself any favors. Getting plenty of rest offers many benefits, but one of the best benefits is you will produce more testosterone. If you don’t get enough sleep and you find yourself feeling tired, then you need to start sleeping more.
Here is a tip, you should set a time to go to bed and stick to that time. The time you go to bed should allow you to get the amount of sleep you need in order to not feel tired throughout the next day. Sticking to a sleep schedule may be difficult at first, but if you actually follow the schedule you set, eventually it will get easier.
- Consume Vitamin D- Too many people don’t consume enough Vitamin D, which plays a role in the production of testosterone. If you don’t get an adequate amount of Vitamin D, then you should start spending more time outdoors and consuming food and drinks that contain it. Getting the right amount of the vitamin isn’t hard to do, and not only will you be doing your testosterone a favor, your bones will benefit too because Vitamin D is important for strong bones.
- Squat And Do Dead-lifts- As previously mentioned, training with heavy weights and doing low reps is a good way to boost testosterone levels. However, there are certain exercises that seem to be the best to do when you want to raise testosterone levels, and one of those exercise are squats, the king of all leg exercises. One of the reasons why it is a good exercise is because it allows you to do a lot of weight, and it incorporates various muscles throughout the movement. The next time you train legs, make sure you start your workout by doing a few heavy sets of barbell squats.
Asides from squats, another exercise you should do are barbell dead-lifts, but make sure you wear a weightlifting belt and do the exercise properly. Dead-lifts are the king of back exercises and they are one of the best power movements you can do. If you want to increase testosterone levels naturally, then make sure you do dead-lifts on the day you train back or before you do a leg workout, and do squats on the days you train legs on.
Here is another tip, do squats, dead-lifts and the bench press all on the same day. Do them on a day you normally don’t train on. These are all power-lifting movements and may help you drastically increase testosterone levels.
- Stop Drinking Alcohol- Unfortunately, many men drink a lot of alcohol or consume a lot on the weekends or whenever they have a day from work. This may seem harmless to many people, but if your goal is to raise your testosterone levels, then you should reduce the amount of alcohol you drink, or you should just stop drinking it altogether. If you drink often, then you should stop drinking and this could raise your levels of testosterone.
- Stop Eating Sugar- In today’s day and age, a lot of people overdo it with sugar. They consume it in candy bars, cakes, soda and so many other types of food. If you want to improve testosterone levels, then stay away from sugary foods, and reach for fruit if you’re craving something sweet. Refined sugar is one of the worst things you can take for your body and sugar can play a role in reducing your testosterone levels, so stop consuming it immediately.
As you can see, there are many ways you can boost testosterone levels naturally. So, which one is the best? There really is no best way, and you should try out all of the above ways and then stick with the one you believe works the best. If you try out the above, before you know it you will enjoy a boost in testosterone levels.